Meditation isn’t a simple skill to master, it takes practice, but the benefits to your health and wellbeing are potentially enormous. For Spiritualists being able to meditate is a key skill in order to communicate and connect with the Spirit Realm.
But everyone can do it ! Ever zoned out while listening to a particular piece of music, or sitting by a river bank, or even in the bath, congratulations you’ve meditated.
The Proven Health Benefits Of Meditation
- Reduces stress and lowers levels of the stress hormone, Cortisol,
- Improves sleep patterns.
- Stabilises your blood pressure.
- Improves your ability to focus, and lengthens your attention span.
- Improves your control over addictions and additive behaviour.
- Can help control chronic pain.
Balancing Your Chakras
The Chakras are energy centres in your body. These wheels or disks of spinning energy each correspond to certain nerve bundles and major organs.
To function at their best, your chakras need to stay open, or balanced. If they get blocked, you may experience physical or emotional symptoms related to a particular chakra. The guided meditation and healing that we run online, includes a section that unblocks and balances your Chakras.
Prepare Your Personal Meditation Space.
- Dim those lights or light a candle.
- Choose a quiet room and close the curtains or blinds
- Turn off any electronic distractions like TV’s or radios.
- Get comfy, use a yoga mat and lay down or sit in a comfy chair. You don’t have to be in the cross legged Lotus position.
- Keep warm, adjust the heating or grab a blanket.
- Have some water or a drink to hand.
- If you are joining us online, once the meditation starts, eyes shut and turn your device screen away from you slightly.
Please do join us for our next Healing and Relaxation session.